Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Swollen the eye

I have no idea how I managed it but I woke up this morning with a swollen right upper eyelid. It doesn't feel itchy, painful or anything else and I woke up feeling nothing weird with the right eye. However, upon close inspection while brushing my teeth, I realised that my right upper eyelid looks odd. It looks larger and swollen than the left one. Panic started, I was afraid that I might have an allergic reaction to something that I used that night. I was using a new facial cleanser.
As my mom was at home, easiest solution would always be (for me) to run to my mom for an immediate solution. Nothing like a little injury or some unsolved mystery, like my suddenly swollen right upper eyelid, turning you into a little kid and go crying to mommy for a solution.
And mommy always have a solution to any problem.
True enough, my mom said that some bug or an ant managed to sneak to my eye and bit it. I have no idea why this particular bug goes straight to the eye, there are other parts of my body that is easier to reach. Anyways, my mom also mentioned that by afternoon, the swollen of the eyelid should subside.
And she was right.
I hope I can be this precise when I am a mom. Please bestow me all the knowledge, instinct, sixth sense and everything else that a mommy would need in dealing with the mysteries of the unknown.

No comments: